Make your own Torta Grandaisy right at home! (And don’t worry if baking isn’t your thing- if you want to pick one up from us in Tribeca instead, we won’t tell!)
For 8 to 10 servings
• 1 1/2 cups cake flour
• 3/4 tsp. baking powder
• 1/4 tsp. salt
• 1 cup almond paste
• 2 cups granulated sugar
• 12 Tbsps. unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
• 7 lg. eggs
• 2 tsps. lemon zest
• 2 tsps. orange zest
• 2 tsps. vanilla extract
• 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
• 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
• 1 1/8 cups granulated sugar
Place all ingredients in a saucepan set over low heat; cook until sugar has dissolved; remove from heat; reserve.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl three times; set aside.
- Beat almond paste and sugar in the bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment until mealy; gradually add butter, beating after each addition; beat until light and fluffy; increase speed to high; add eggs, zests, and vanilla, scraping down sides of bowl as needed; reduce speed to low; add reserved flour mixture; pour batter into 8-cup decorative cake pan; bake until golden (about 70 minutes); remove from oven.
- To serve, drizzle warm cake with glaze; cool completely; cut into slices and serve.
Mother’s day is right around the corner – May 13 for those who need a reminder. At Grandaisy Bakery, we believe everyone can celebrate Mother’s Day in one way or another. Mother’s Day isn’t only about celebrating the traditional mom, but a day to celebrate the special people in your life who are strong, supportive, and nurturing.
IN HONOR OF THE MOM IN YOUR LIFE WE’VE CREATED A TOP 5 GIFT LIST FROM GRANDAISY BAKERY!
1. FOR THE MOM WHO LIKES FLOWERS
Give the gift of the special Grandaisy Cake. Shaped like a daisy with a sweet almond smell, this moist beauty will be sure to delight any mom.
2. FOR THE MOM WHO HAS A SWEET TOOTH
Some moms just can’t resist the deliciousness of a baked good (you know who you are). Use our famous pullman loaf to create your own homemade bread pudding recipe. Not much of a baker? Our chef Julio has you covered, he creates a mouth-watering Grandaisy version with rum and spice soaked brioche.
3. FOR THE MOM WHO LIKES TO LUNCH
Introduce your mom to our bakery by taking her for a stroll to our corner shop in a great Tribeca. Let her taste our famous cappuccino or our sesame loaf. Did you know we also have tasty flatbread and panini? Come by to check it out!
4. FOR THE MOM WHO LOVES COFFEE/TEA
Our latest (environmentally friendly) option is a to-go travel mug or a ceramic mug creatively adorned with the Grandaisy Bakery logo and our favorite words of bakery wisdom, “Live, Laugh, Loaf”.
5. FOR THE MOM WHO HASN’T TASTED GRANDAISY BAKERY YET
If your mom or motherly figure hasn’t had any Grandaisy Bakery items yet, send or hand deliver her a gift box! We have an excellent assortment of gift boxes available for purchase online or make one especially for you in our store. Some of our boxes include – our brand new travel mug, an assortment of biscotti, our cute bakers apron, and one of our tasty jams.